We-Are-Connected (“the Company”, “us”, “we”, or “our”), operates the website www.we-are-connected.co.uk and the Connected App. We may change or add to this privacy and cookie page, so we encourage you to come back and read it periodically. Connected App is operated by We-Are-Connected and is registered in the United Kingdom with Companies House under the registered name: WE ARE CONNECTED LIMITED, and registration number 12038012.
1. Data we collect
While using our website (www.we-are-connected.co.uk), we ask business profile users to provide us with certain personal data. Whilst using our mobile device Application (“mobile App”) we ask for data that allows us to determine if the user is from a close geographical area (in relation to the retailers on the application), or from another country, (“PersonalData”). This information is:
– Postal code
Only the first four digits of your postal code is required for our needs.
For companies and retailers setting up a subscription account (“Subscription”), we need to collect:
– Email address
– First and last name
– Business Phone number
– Business Address, City, Post Code
– Bank card details
– Payees details if different from business details – Account settings
2. Information collected automatically
In addition, like many other web sites, we automatically log certain technical information about your visit, like IP (internet protocol) addresses, browser type, ISP (internet service provider), referring and exit pages for internal purposes. We compile and analyse this information statistically and diagnostically to administer the website, analyse usage trends, and keep up the website’s technical performances. This information may also help us understand our user base demographically, but we do not use this information to identify individual users.
Mobile App (“Connected App”)
The Connected App assigns each user with a device code. This device code enables us to record the number of active devices in a city at a given time.
The device code is also used to record and recognise a user’s preferences for communications.
Whilst the App is being actively used, it will allow us to determine the geographic location of the device on which the App is installed.
In all instances, use of the App does not allow us access to any personal information on the device.
3. Usage of data – Grounds for using your personal data
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, We Are Connected are relying on the following lawful grounds to collect and process any personal data you may have provided:
- Legitimate Business Interests: The Connected App will only communicate third party content to you based on your preferences. We Are Connected may contact business (“Subscribed”) users to the App and the Website for reasons such as informing of technical updates, App functionality and other matters relating directly to the running of the App.
- User Consent: We will not use your data to permit third party companies or organisations to contact you directly, unless this is done via the features of the Connected App, for instance – instant messaging. These messages will match your user preferences.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our clients, but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregated statistical information about our visitors such as your area of residence.
4. How we use your information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver relevant communications (offers and promotions) via the Connected App only. (App users only)
- Identify number of Connected App users within a geographical area. (App users only)
- Process your payment: We use your personal information to process the payments if you are a business using the App for promotional purposes. (Business users only)
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products. (App users only)
We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
5. Sharing and disclosure
We do not rent or sell your personal information with any other entity. We will not share your personal information except in the following ways:
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyse and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorise them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Analytics: Specifically, for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics. Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
Geographical and analytical data may be shared with third parties but only in relation to trends in preferences and number of users. No personal information is either captured or stored and would not be shared.
6. Links to Other Sites
We may have links on our site, or companies may provide links in their questions, to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
We Are Connected will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We Are Connected will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
8. Choices and individual rights
We aim to take reasonable steps so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. We outline your choices below:
- E-mail. We Are Connected will only send emails to business users of the Connected App, which will relate to maintenance, functionality, updates and any other operational activity.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Removing the mobile APP: If you chose to remove the App from your mobile device you will no longer have access to promotions and advertisements. Your mobile device will be responsible for how the App is deleted from your device.
To reactivate the App, you will have to download and install it again as a new user.
- Deleting your business user account: In the event that you wish to permanently delete your business user account, you must send us a request in writing. Once we receive your request, we will permanently disable your account, and you will not be able gain access to your account again. We will remove your personally identifiable information from our system within 30 days. Some material may remain in our servers for technical reasons, but this material is disassociated from any personal identifiers and completely inaccessible.
You can deactivate or delete your Connected App business account at any time, just send us an email to hello@we-areconnected. co.uk and tell us what you want us to do.
If you permanently delete your account
You will not be able to regain access to your account. It may take up to 30 days to delete your account. Copies of some material (i.e. banking and personal information) may remain in the database of our preferred transaction company (“Stripe”) for accounting purposes and only until the time where the information is no longer necessary for auditing purposes.
Your rights under certain circumstances.
To initiate any of these actions please contact us at hello@we-areconnected. co.uk. To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you. To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you. You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests. Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorised access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
10. Our policy on children’s information
Our website and mobile app is appropriate for people of all ages, however, we would recommend the APP is treated as a Social Media App, and therefore would recommend users under the age of 16 are supervised.
Where a promotion relates to alcohol or business premises which are suitable for 18 years and over, we will be encouraging the retailer to advertise this with the recognised symbol of the figure 18 within a red circle. We Are Connected Ltd will monitor promotions on the Connected App and will remove any advertisements or promotions which we feel do not adhere to our guidelines.
11. Our policy on content
Our Mobile App is designed to help people find and connect with responsible businesses, retailers and events. We Are Connected cannot take responsibility for the availability or quality of advertised content, however, will take action to remove any promotion or retailer who we feel are purposely misleading Connected App users. Additionally, We Are Connected will collaborate with necessary legal and enforcement agencies in any investigation regarding misleading and inappropriate advertising.
12. Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
13. GDPR Compliance
Your data safety is incredibly important to us. We always ensure your data is managed ethically and transparently, so you’re never in the dark when it comes to data you give us. We never sell your contact information to third-party services. Any user, promoter or researcher can request to view all data we currently hold from that individual. If you have any questions regarding our GDPR compliance, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. ICO Compliance
In accordance with the Information Commissioner’s Office, we are certified controllers of data and as such, abide by the laws and regulations set out by the Information Commissioner’s Office regarding how we manage your data and install data protection systems. In addition to this, as data handlers, our designated data control officer is Andrew Stark. If you wish to contact Andrew Stark regarding our ICO certification and data management systems, please email hello@we-are- connected.co.uk.
15. Contacting Us
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.