5 of the Best City Tours to Take in York
1. THE BLOODY TOUR OF YORK (Winter tours Thursdays & Saturdays) Let Mad Alice be your guide, wandering through the snickleways and backstreets of the city discovering its gruesome past. One of the best tours in York, highly entertaining – Mad Alice will keep youspellbound – suitable for all ages too! 👻
2. INVISIBLE TOURS OF YORK tourism making a difference. These tours are run by people affected by homelessness. The guides, each with their own experiences of the city, have shaped and created fun, interactive and informative tours for you to experience York from a different perspective. There is a Family Fun Tour (Sat & Sun), York’s Railway Heritage Tour (Weds & Thurs) and the Story of Guy Fawkes Tour (Mon & Tues). So much to discover while helping provide employment and support to those affected by homelessness. Check out the full tour details on the Connected York app!
3. OUSE CRUISE – City Cruises York. Get a different view of the city and hear about York’s history of flooding and what the river was used for in times gone by. There’s plenty of different cruises to choose from too – enjoy afternoon tea, evening dinner cruises or even a party night cruise! Plenty to see whilst you sit back and relax on board to cruise the Ouse.
4. YORK ICE TRAIL – (Feb 1st & 2nd) We’re really excited for this one – it’s a fab day out with the kids. 40 sculptures of ice dotted around the city for you to discover, each one with it’s own theme. Pick up a map from the Visit York Visitor Centre and follow the complete trail all around the city.
5. YORK CAT TRAIL – This is another one that’s great for the kids – and it’s free! There are little cat statues hidden all over the city, Clifford’s Tower, The Shambles and the Minster. Download the trail from The Cat Gallery and get the kids searching for those little kittys.
Enjoy discovering York with these tours, you’ll have so much fun! Find out more things to discover and offers from local businesses on the #connectedyork (free) app!